Wednesday, August 11, 2010

It's a Girl!- Decorating Plans

Well if you didn't know already, I found out today that I'm expecting a little baby girl on January 4th. With my previous 2 girls I had made some cute bedding with a pink white and green princess frog theme. Now I am ready of something new and am dreaming of this....


Of course it is Pottery Barn :), and it is called the Coco Dot. I love the turquoise and other colors. I also love the ric rac and the overall simpleness of it. I think it would be pretty easy to make, but I don't find it that bad of a deal at $159 for the set, especially if you have a coupon.

I might make the quilt with name appliqued on it like this (from Melissa at polkadotchair.com)tutorial found at Moda Bake Shop- so cute!



I also plan to keep the changing table/dresser turquoise!! So fun. It had painted it previously to be a buffet, but it will work much better for the baby's new room. Of course there will be a changing pad on top and some shelves added with baskets for decorations, toys, or books.






If I can convince my hubby, I want to add board and batten. Thrifty Decor Chick shows us how.

What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. Congrats!!!! I heart this bedding. The colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your ideas. Can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it...and so excited for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! Little girls are so much fun!! I love the ideas for the nursery!
    Let me know if you want help with the quilt, I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Your ideas for your nursery sound adorable and as you know I love that turquoise buffet! You were so kind and helped with me on one of my first pieces when I inquired about that color. It will work well as a changing table. I can't wait to see how you design your nursery. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...