Saturday, November 13, 2010

Washer and Dryer Stand Reveal

 Being very pregnant and tall it was getting pretty hard bending over and over to do laundry. I have seen some ladies in blogland build a Washer/dryer stand before and thought we could tackle it too. So I had my wonderful hubby build one for me and oh do I love it.
Things I love about it:
  •  Well of course it looks so much better. :)
  • 18 inches off the ground is so much easier on me.
  • It was so cheap to build- 2x4's, plywood, trim, screws, nails, paint and primer, and 2 L brackets is all you need.
  • It hides laundry baskets, trashcan, and our big ol honkin shoe basket. So it clears up a bunch of floor space and the laundry room looks a lot cleaner.
  • Oh and I love that the baskets can sit on the ground and easily slide in and out.
  • The space on the side is perfect for my laundry supplies, and looks a lot better than on top of my washer.
  • It is totally sturdy, no shaking or anything. Very pleased about this since it is our own design.
 
And other laundry room news... this is also our mudroom right off the garage, so we throw our coats and shoes in here. I added these hooks for easy hanging.


 On the left is our family growth chart. 


I simply measured and marked the wood board and stamped on the numbers. 
Then added the flowers which were like 50 cents at a craft store.


 Washer and dryer stand tutorial coming soon!
I took pictures of the process and would love to share it with you! 
So be sure to follow me and stay tuned. :)

Linking up to some of my fav. parties

8 comments:

  1. This looks fantastic! I especially like your growth chart and wall quote.
    ~Sheri
    http://designingdreams-sheri@blogspot.com Follow me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderdful idea -we did not purchase the washer/dryer stands when we bought ours -big mistake ! looking forward to see your how to :-) Your laundry room looks so nice and tidy -love the vinyl saying and the height chart ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! I have one my hubby made in my garage right now! Can't wait to get it installed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! What a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your laundry room is charming and that washer and dryer shelf is very functional! I like the storage it provides underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great! I'm definitely thinking about doing this when we redo our laundry room. My knees hurt so bad after 3 loads of laundry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful idea. Might I suggest a lip of some sort in case the washer rocks? That way it is more likely to take the stand with it, rather than rock off it onto the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting post. I Have Been wondering about this issue, so thanks for posting. Pretty cool post.It 's really very nice and Useful post.Thanks Maytag, Miele, LG, Electrolux, GE, Bosch Washer Repair in Arcadia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...