I never have a lack of my kiddies art to display and being a former art teacher I want to encourage their art skills. SOOO I made this gigantic 8 foot art display board for their playroom.
I hung it low so they could put it up themselves, and see it at their level. I also made it 2 inches thick so I could enventually put the letters play up there and an old tennis racket.
1. Buy one 2x8inx8foot long board, and 12 clothes pins-mine were prepainted at hobby lobby
2. Prime it. I just set it on top of a cardboard box in my garage
3. Paint it (red took 3 coats) :)
4. Measure & mark where clothes pins should go. 8 foot board 12 clothes pins. 3 inches from side, 7 5/8 inches in between each pin- the hardest part
5. Hot glue pins on
6. Screw into wall with 2 1/2 inch screws
Some other "art" we have in our playroom, simple scrapbook paper in 12x12 frames.