SO today I will show you how to make these cutie fabric pumpkins!
With all your fabric options your possibilities are endless!
A great thing is they are easy and cheap. No sewing machine required!
You can even make pink pumpkins for your little girls room. :)
So turn on your Scentsy with some pumpkin pie scent invite a friend over for 2x the fun and get craftin!!
- about 1/2 a yard of fabric will make about 3 pumpkins. One Papa one Mama and one baby sized.
- leaves to match your fabric
- DMC Embroidery Floss/ needle
- a BUNCH of plastic grocery bags. (for the stuffing)
- Jute twine/ pencil
- glue gun/ glue sticks
- Sticks cut to about 4 inches
- rubber bands/twisty ties (an easy option)
- Wrap jute around pencil, bake at 300 for 5 minutes. let cool for 5 minutes. you know it's done when it gets stinky. ;)
3. Fold the fabric in half with fold on short side. So if you are doing a large folded it would measure 16x15. Glue along edge with fabric right side facing in, like in picture.
4. Gather bottom of fabric. Tie with rubber band, twist tie or sew shut. I ran out of twisties and rubber bands. :< 5. Turn right side out and stuff with plastic bags until really full. (so that later when you do the lines with the embroidery floss it will poof.)
6. Put a stick in the top and stitch around top of fabric and gather.
7. With a long piece of floss tie a double knot in one end and stitch the lines from top to bottom going opposite of each other. Do 6 lines.
8. Glue on your leaves and jute, and secure stick with glue as well. And Wah lah you have a gorgeous little pumpkin!
This is a fun project to do with friends and make a little collection of pumpkins. I have been making these guys with friends for 5 years now. Fun every time.