Monday, October 18, 2010

2 Great Recipies!!!

I'll plain out say it. I am not a cook. That is why I love these recipes and am sharing them with you. If I can do it, anyone can. They are easy, fool proof and cheap. :)

The first one is a family favorite from my MIL. It has gotten rave reviews from my friends. We made this caramel popcorn yesterday for a snack and I ate so much I wasn't hungry for dinner. :) You've had your warning.

corn2


CARAMEL POPCORN
1 stick margarine
2/3 cup corn syrup (can use pancake syrup too)
3/4 cup brown sugar

Boil for a minute. Pour over popped popcorn about 1 1/2 cups of seeds popped or 2 large bowls. Makes a "soft" caramel popcorn. Add some candy corn, M&Ms or red hots for an extra holiday kick to it. Makes a great Family Home Evening treat or neighbor holiday gift.


This Bread Machine Cinnamon roll recipe I got from Money Saving Mom, a great couponing website. Pretty easy, no rising time needed and super yummy!


Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls

Dough:
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm milk
3 tablespoons canola oil- (I used veg oil)
1 egg, lightly beaten plus 2 egg whites
1/2 cup sugar
4 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons bread machine yeast

Filling: (this is my version a little beefed up)
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup brown sugar mixed with 1 tablespoon cinnamon

Icing:
1 teaspoon milk
1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
4 tablespoons (or less) butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla

Put the dough ingredients in the bread machine in the order listed and run on the dough cycle. After the dough cycle is finished, roll the dough into a large rectangle and spread it with butter and filling mixture.

Roll up and cut into 10-15 rolls and place in two greased round cake pans. Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes or until browned. Spread the icing on as soon as they come out of the oven. You can even freeze the second pan. But you'll probably just want more the next day. :)

YUMMMM! Hungry yet?

6 comments:

  1. Both recipes sound so good. I will definitely try the cinnamon rolls. Love them. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to think of myself as a cook. No longer! I'm definitely trying this cinnamon roll recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cinnamon rolls look delectable! Please make sure you stop by Katiescucina.blogspot.com for my first ever cooking link party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i lurve me my popcorn! i'm gonna try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to let you know that I “ Featured” you on Santa’s Gift Shoppe Blog Hop today for your great project & inspiration! Thanks so much..
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...