Friday, May 28, 2010

Splurge- Crewel Pillows

Ok I admit..... I splurged (in my standards).
It was so worth it though. I found these crewel embroidered pillows at Marshalls the other day and they were just too perfect to pass up. $20 a pillow isn't that bad considering it adds so much visual interest, great texture, adds beautiful colors and ties the pops of color in my kitchen into my family room. Totally worth it.I have had my eyes on these for about 9 months. I first saw them in pottery barn and didn't know this type of embroidery was called crewel.I also saw this at Pier One, but I wasn't about to spend $30-$40 on either of these. At one point I went to a specialty fabric store and found the crewel fabric I loved was over $100 a yard! What the?!
Anyways mine are perfect for our home and I am loving them.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! very pretty - simply looks like you - matches the blog! :)
    When you see how much that type of fabric is per yard than it is easier to understand why it may be so much per pillow!
    It's gorgeous - sure to make you smile
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and so worth the splurge. I love crewel fabric and it is so expensive, your pattern is just fabulous. Looks like a million. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I saw those in the PB catalogue myself and couldn't bring myself to pay that much. I love crewel and wish I knew how to do it. They are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful-sometimes a girl just has to splurge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...